Student Facilities Assistant, Dauch Alumni Center - University Development Office
|Posted||April 7, 2015|
|Business||Purdue Research Foundation
Kurz Purdue Technology Center,
Purdue Research Park of West Lafayette ,
1281 Win Hentschel Blvd., West Lafayette
|Position Type||Student, Part-time|
|Start Date||Immediate Availability|
Duties / Responsibilities
The primary function of the Facilities Assistant is to assist the Facility Manager with the general operation of the Dick and Sandy Dauch Alumni Center.
Specific Job Duties of the Student Facility Assistant are:
- Provide Dauch facility presence after normal business hours as scheduled during special events and meetings.
- Verify proper use of the Beering Catering Kitchen and meeting and banquet rooms.
- Check various areas such as interior/exterior entrances, atrium, banquet rooms, patio and restrooms to ensure cleanliness and for appropriate condition prior to event start time. Pick up debris and address issues as needed.
- Verify proper special event room setups and temperature control in meeting and banquet rooms.
- Maintain inventory of catering and event supplies such as paper goods & beverages in the Beering Catering Kitchen.
- Maintain inventory of coffee condiments, filters, coffee, etc outside meeting rooms and in all staff break areas.
- Maintain inventory of copy paper in copy rooms.
- Maintain cleanliness in all break areas including sinks, counters, tables, coffee makers, coffee pots, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness in Beering Catering Kitchen including sinks, stainless steel surfaces, coffee urns and equipment.
- Organize catering supply and equipment rooms as needed.
- Communicate inventory needs to Facility Manager.
- Organize meeting rooms, setup Poly-com phones as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of Atrium displays and wood surfaces, change light bulbs as needed.
- Assist with event setup as needed.
- Assist Dauch staff members as needed.
- Observe and report building maintenance needs.
- Sort Mail when designated staff is absent.
- Assist Facility Manager with reports and filing as needed.
- Miscellaneous and various duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must possess, independent working skills, good organizational skills, communication skills and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Must have general knowledge of Purdue University.
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Must present a well-mannered, professional image.
- Must be able to work some evenings and potential weekends as needed.
- Must have the ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
This position is located on the Purdue University campus.
Hours: 8-12 hours/week
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position. Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.