You provide the ideas. We help you deliver.
New discoveries have the potential of improving lives and strengthening economies. But developing those breakthroughs into deliverable products and services requires substantial business support.
That’s where we can help. The Purdue Research Foundation works to pair your ideas with the people and money needed to commercialize them. Working with faculty, staff and students on everything from intellectual property protection to market analysis, feasibility, funding, company formation, and real estate we help you commercialize your innovations while advancing Indiana’s economy.
Business Support Services
- Incubation Services: We support technology-based firms with services and amenities at business incubators around the state at Purdue Research Park network locations in West Lafayette, Indianapolis, Merrillville and New Albany where about 240 companies employ more than 4,000 people.
- Emerging Innovations Fund: This initiative offers financial support for new ventures developing Purdue-owned technology and Purdue Research Park-based companies. By providing funding for very early-stage companies, we help speed the process from discovery to delivery.
- Office of Technology Commercialization: A division of Purdue Research Foundation, OTC helps to protect, market, and license Purdue’s commercially viable technologies. Since its inception, more than 65 Purdue faculty-entrepreneurs have received assistance in launching startups. Over the last reporting year, the Purdue Research Foundation filed 175 U.S. patent applications - a 41 percent increase over the previous year. In addition, 110 global patents were received by Purdue, a 26 percent increase. Royalties for Purdue's commercialized technologies reached $8.7 million, marking a 22 percent increase over the prior year.
- Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship: Our affiliates at this interdisciplinary center within Discovery Park help equip faculty and students with entrepreneurial skills needed for business success.
- Microsoft® BizSpark™: Gives you fast, easy access to current, full-featured Microsoft development tools and production licenses of server products; professional technical and expert business support; plus global visibility to new markets.